May 30, 2024  
2020-2021 Academic Catalog 
2020-2021 Academic Catalog Archived Catalog

FVCC Transfer: AA and AS Degrees for Transfer

Customize your transfer degree!

Transfer Degrees at FVCC
 Associate of Arts (AA)  
Associate of Science (AS)  
Transfer Agreements  

FVCC awards two types of associate degrees designed for transfer: Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS). Both degrees are designed for students planning to transfer their credits to a four-year school, either in Montana or out of state. To earn either degree, students must complete a 30-credit general education core plus 30 credits of coursework determined by their intended major at a transfer school. These degrees are not specific to a subject area, but are customized to prepare students to transfer to any four-year school. Students work closely with their advisors to explore options and create an AA or AS plan of study.

Students who earn an associate degree from FVCC can transfer to any Montana University System school and be guaranteed that the lower-divison general education core requirements of that school have been met. FVCC students work closely with their advisors to choose general education courses tailored to their individual interests and goals.

Although FVCC Transfer can customize a plan of study in any area, many FVCC students choose to create plans of study in the following areas (areas in bold are the most common):
Accounting Engineering Pre-Nursing
Agriculture English Parks, Tourism, and Recreation Management
Art Environmental Science/Studies Pre-Health Professions (pre-dental, pre-med,  pre-PT)
Biology Forensic Science Pre-Pharmacy
Biotechnology Forestry Pre-Veterinary Medicine
Business General / Undecided Psychology
Chemistry Geography Resource Conservation
Communications Geology Secondary Education
Computer Science                                            Graphic Design Social Work
Criminal Justice Health and Human Performance                                   Theatre
Early Childhood Education               History Wildlife Biology
Earth Science Nutrition  
Elementary Education Mathematics  
Information Systems Music  

For more information about FVCC’s AA and AS transfer degrees and customized plans of study, contact the Student Support Center at (406) 756-3880, or stop by LRC 129.

Transfer Agreements (AA or AS Degrees)

FVCC has Transfer Agreements with other Montana University System schools in a variety of subject areas. These agreements lay out specific programs of study at FVCC that align with that of the transfer school, ensuring students a seamless transition to their intended four-year program. For more information about FVCC’s Transfer Agreements, talk to your advisor. See a list of current transfer agreements here: Transfer Agreements .